On Wednesday, Feb. 26, the Great Race will send an email to each teams designated representative with the 2014 hotel reservation invitation link. Once you go to the site, you can select all of your hotels for the entire event at one time. You will be sent a follow up email from our travel agent with all of the confirmation numbers after May 21.
Here are a couple of tips to make it go as smooth as possible:
· Please read all of the information on the reservation site. This year, we are starting in Ogunquit, Maine, which is a popular tourist destination in the summer months. There are no chain hotels or restaurants in the area, and rooms can run as high as $300 a night. We have worked hard with the folks up there to get good rates (starting at $159), but a couple of the hotels have demanded two-night minimums and some have strict cancellation policies. There should be no problem since everyone should be in Ogunquit for at least two or three nights.
· Please do not call the hotels. If you have a question or concern, please call the travel agent. Their number will be listed at the bottom of the reservation site.
· Only one person per team should make reservations to keep from double booking. If you get the email and you are not the correct person on your team, please forward it.
· Use the comments box for each date if you have any special needs, like handicap rooms.
· If you want to come earlier than Wednesday, June 18, please just make a note in the June 18 comments box and the travel agent will arrange it.
· You will be responsible for any changes including cancelations after you get your confirmation numbers. If you break down on the race and have to go home, you will have to call ahead to any hotels on the rest of the route and cancel your rooms.
· A new feature this year allows you to check out the hotels if you are curious about what the hotel looks like or what amenities they offer. All you have to do is click the name of the hotel next to the description and you will be forwarded to their website.
· If you would like to stay in Florida after the race, you may reserve the room you have in The Villages by requesting it in the June 29 comments box. If you would like the travel agent to help you with an extended stay in Florida at Disney World or any of the other attractions, there is a box to check at the bottom of the site and they will get back with you.
· We do not know at this time, and we do not release once we know, which hotel will be the start location for the following morning. So please dont ask.
Thats about it. The deadline is May 6, but please dont wait to select your rooms. There are a couple of cities where we may have to get additional rooms after we see the response, and that is better if it is done as early as possible.
And, as always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call Great Race Director Jeff Stumb at 800-989-7223.
5 comments about “Hotel Reservations for 2014 Great Race”
The hotel reservation email went out Wednesday evening, Feb. 26. If you have entered the Great Race and did not get the email, please let me know by calling 800-989-7223 or emailing me at [email protected].
Did not get the e-mail for the Hotel Reservations Please send as soon as Possible if I don”t get them by Monday I will call.
Just a reminder to get the email out to hotel info so I can make reservations
Need another room same as the two we ordered. Total of three now.
Can I please get the name and location if th hotel in Jacksonville, FL? We are planning to meet my dad Frank Buonanno there.meredith Loveless